It is exciting to welcome you to this project which will lead us, no doubt, to some interesting discoveries. Perhaps you have arrived here because your surname is Redfern (or Redfearn or Redferne) or you are married to someone with that name. Perhaps your connection or interest in the surname is for another reason. Whatever has brought you here, Welcome!
Background to Redferns Worldwide
My name is Andrew Redfern and I am based in Sydney, Australia and have always had a keen interest in family history ever since I was in high school. During COVID, my passion was reignited and the last few years have seen many discoveries unearthed about all lines of my family history. Being a Redfern, I am particularly interested in my paternal line and have undertaken extensive research to try and uncover my ancestors. At present, I am stuck at the mid 1700s in Ireland so have begun this project to try and cast the net wide and far to help break down the Redfern brick wall. You can see some of my family history research at one of my other sites – www.andrewredfern.com
Joining in the Community
It is estimated that more than 15000 people across the world have the surname Redfern (or a variant). That is a lot of people! While I don’t expect we will ever reach every single one, the goal is to reach as many as possible and work out if, and then how, we are related. To assist in this task, you may like to consider any one, or all of the following:
- Contact me and share information you have about your Redfern family
- Follow the various social media channels about our Redfern Family
- Ask questions about your own heritage as your particular branch of the Redfern tree may have already been researched
- Undertake a DNA test and I can advise the best testing strategy for your circumstances
- Donate to a general fund to allow other Redferns to take a DNA test
- Volunteer to visit a local library or archives to collect resources
- Provide ideas as to suggested questions to explore
Whatever or however you want to be involved, your contribution will be welcome and valued.